South end of Liberty Street next to the Santa HouseEvent runs from 12/22/2018 through 12/22/2018
Candy Day is sponsored by the Lions of Illinois Foundation and is a state-wide event to help Lions raise money to help the visually and hearing impaired citizens of the state. Each year we reach out to the community to help us give back the gift of sight and hearing to those with these impairments. Our annual “Candy Day campaign” helps us to raise monies to go toward those special needs. These valuable services are not addressed by anyone else in our community. You will see Lions at Big R, Walmart, and Jewel-Osco foods over the weekend asking for your help.
Your donation will go a long way to defer our expenses and increase the amount of aid we can provide. Any amount you can give will help. We realize we ask our town for donations on a regular basis but we take care of our own in so many ways and the only way we can do our work is with your help in funding. Won’t you help us help those in need? 100% of your donations go back to the community and we are a 501(c)3 organization.
Some of the vision and hearing related things we do:
- Eye examinations and glasses for those who cannot afford them.
- Hearing tests and hearing aids for those who cannot afford them.
- Specialized low vision clinics and special eye wear and instruments for those legally blind but cannot function without help.
- Supplying travel and training for a guide dog at Leader Dogs for the Blind school
- Contributions to the eye bank for corneal transplants for people with eye disease or injury
- Diabetes awareness, education, training, diagnosis, treatment and prevention for this devastating disease the number one cause of blindness in the US.
- Contribute to Lions of Illinois Foundation to help fund their many statewide programs includingthe Retina Screening bus and the Hearing Bus that provide FREE testing to all.
- Camp Lions for children and adults with hearing loss and vision loss. They love these camps!!
We cook open house meal for campers and guests each year for both camps.